I had a delightful experience at the IGA this evening. I had walked there to get some custard. It was crowded, it's one of the smaller ones, and there was a queue to the three checkouts that were going flat out. The teenage lad serving took my carton as I said "Just this thanks"
His eyes lit up as he examined the carton. He looked up, made eye contact and said, as if experiencing a great.revelation.
"Custard!"
Yep, I said, hot custard and crumble tonight for us.
"I love custard! I remember stealing it from the fridge and glug glug glug " he mimed drinking.
He was so delighted. It's amazing what might make someone's day. I have to wonder if he hasn't had custard for a while.
His eyes lit up as he examined the carton. He looked up, made eye contact and said, as if experiencing a great.revelation.
"Custard!"
Yep, I said, hot custard and crumble tonight for us.
"I love custard! I remember stealing it from the fridge and glug glug glug " he mimed drinking.
He was so delighted. It's amazing what might make someone's day. I have to wonder if he hasn't had custard for a while.
no subject
Date: 2026-09-19 11:57 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-09-20 02:19 am (UTC)